Dr. Andreas Reichel
Therapy of Typ-1-Diabetes with Insulin Pumps
Previous and current research
Targets of previous and current research are influenced by our patients characteristics:
- How the technical developments of the pumps improve the outcome of the patients? Effects of advanced programming and enhanced flexibility are studied.
- What are new IT-solutions able to improve the management of data from the blood glucose self controls by the patients and the communication between patient and diabetologist in daily life.
- Research on the development and clinical tests of continuous glucose measuring systems with the target to approach to a closed-loop-system for glycemic control.
- How is the influence of diabetes treatment of compliance of the patients and psychological co-morbidity like depression.
- Reichel, A.; Rietzsch, H.; Köhler, H.-J.; Pfützner A.; Gudat, U.; Schulze, J.:Cessation of insulin infusion at night time during CSII-therapy: Comparism of regular human insulin and insulin lisproExp Clin Endocrinol Diab 106 (1998) 168-172
- Reichel, A.; Röthig, K.; Schulze, J.:Transfer of data via modem in treatment of diabetics with insulin pump therapy36th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) JerusalemDiabetologia (2000) 43: [Suppl] 236
- Reichel A.; Rietzsch, H.; Schulze, J.; Bornstein, S.RFrequency of Hypoglycemic events depending on Glycemia and C-Peptide in CSII patientsDiabetes (2005): [Suppl] 434
1991-2003: Resident and fellow at the 3rd Medical Clinic of the University Clinic Dresden
2000: MD at the Technical University Dresden
2003: Senior physician at the 3rd Medical Clinic of the University Clinic Dresden